Though menstrual cycle is a sign of healthy female body but still when it knocks on our door we feel anything but healthy. It gifts every girl with at least one problem like mood swings, terrible breakouts or painful cramps. And to make it worse we treat period as something that doesn’t exist and feel too embarrassed to admit or talk about it even in case of emergency. We try to come up with creative strategy every month to hide this unspoken truth from the world. The funniest thing is we treat sanitary napkins like bomb while carrying it to washroom or buying a packet from the shop.
5 The Best Period Hacks Every Girl Need to Know
1) Good news for red wine lovers. Prostaglandins, the culprit we curse every time when we get those painful cramps. It is actually a hormone like compound which causes cramps during that time of month. Recently, in a study conducted on rats revealed that resveratrol helps in reducing uterine contractions which is caused by the elevated levels of prostaglandins. Red wine contains resveratrol and therefore, half a glass of red wine will keep you miles away from cramp. Well periods will not be that bad for us if we get red wine as medicine
2) If you think that taking that bomb (read sanitary napkin) to washroom is going to be difficult for you then paste one sanitary napkin over another. Use thin sanitary napkins for your comfort and this is also useful on heavy flow days.
3) If you’re that girl who needs to drink 4-5 mugs of coffee a day then you really need to cut on your caffeine intake to minimize the pain.
4) An aromatherapy tactic to ease your pain – 2 drops of lavender + one drop of clary sage oil + one drop of rose + 1 teaspoon of almond oil mix them all together in a bowl and massage your abdominal with these combination.
5) Keep dark chocolates always inside your bag. We lose heaps of magnesium when we bleed and dark chocolate help in regaining our magnesium level.