1. Monster Muffaletta (8 sandwiches / 10 minutes)
2 boule or Italian round loaves, about 9 inches, sesame seeds on top preferred
1 pound thinly sliced aged provolone cheese
1 pound thinly sliced mortadella
1 pound thinly sliced genoa salami
1 pound thinly sliced hot capicola
1 cup oil-packed black olives, pitted
1 cup green olives, pitted
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the loaves in half horizontally. Drizzle some of the olive salad liquid on the bottom halves. Dividing everything by two, layer the cheese, mortadella, genoa, capicola and then the Olive Salad on top. Cover with the top halves, and then cut into pie-shaped wedges and serve to the masses.
Add the black olives, green olives, olive oil, roasted red peppers, capers, vinegar, crushed red pepper and sugar to a food processor and pulse until uniform but still coarse, about 10 times. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
2. Mexican Cucumber Salad
10 minutes / Serves: 4
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium anaheim chile, minced
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- Mix ingredients together.
- Refrigerate until serving and serve cold.
3. Open Faced Greek Sandwich
- 2 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- 6 tablespoons Sabra sun dried tomato hummus
- 1 handful watercress, or lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 persian cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt dip for dipping as needed
- Lay 2 pieces of toasted bread on a clean surface.
- Slather each piece with equal amounts of hummus and top with watercress, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and red onion. Crumble the feta on top of each open faced sandwich and season with salt and pepper
- Serve alongside the greek yogurt dip and enjoy!
Read more here!