1.The Red Queen (Serves 2)
100ml | 3 fl oz cranberry juice
80ml | 2.7 fl oz ( 1/3 cup) Hendricks gin
40ml | St Germain (Elderflower liqueur)
juice of 1/2 lemon
fresh cranberries threaded on cocktail sticks to garnish
- Fill your cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and add all the ingredients (apart from the fresh cranberries). Shake until a frost forms on the shaker – about 30 seconds.
- Pour into chilled martini or coupe glasses and garnish with the fresh cranberries.
2. Red Velvet Martini (Serves: 1)
- For the Red Velvet Martini
- 2 ounces cake vodka
- ½ ounce Creme de Cacao
- ¼ ounce grenadine
- Pinch of powdered sugar
- For the homemade cream cheese frosting
- ¼ teaspoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- For the Red Velvet Martini:
- Rim the glass with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle on some red sprinkles.
- Mix cake vodka, Creme de Cacao, powdered sugar and grenadine in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into martini glass.
- For the cream cheese frosting
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add small amounts of powdered sugar and milk and continue to mix until you reach the desired taste and consistency.
3. Blackberry and Meyer Lemon Gin and Tonics (Serves 4)
20 fresh mint leaves
2 Meyer lemons (can sub. regular lemons)
1/4 cup simple syrup
12 ounces good quality gin
1. Set out four high ball glasses.
2. Place 3 blackberries, 5 mint leaves, juice of ½ lemon, and 1 tablespoon simple syrup in each glass and muddle together.
3. Fill each glass with ice, followed by 3 ounces of gin. Top off each drink with tonic water, stir and serve.
4.Cardamom Rose Gin & Tonic (Serves: One 6-8oz cocktail)
- dash of ground cardamom
- 1.5 oz of Hendrick’s gin
- .75 oz of rose syrup
- .25 oz of fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz fresh ruby red grapefruit
- 3 dashes of Peychauds bitters
- lemon/lime sparkling water or tonic water, to top off
- In a shaker, add all of the ingredients (except the sparkling water).
- Add several ice cubes.
- Shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain over fresh ice in glass.
- Add the sparkling water, to top.
- Garnish with a fresh lemon wedge.
5. Elderflower White Cosmopolitan (Serves: 1)
- Ice as needed
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 Tbs. St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 2 Tbs. white cranberry juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Edible flowers for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, elderflower liqueur, white cranberry juice and lemon juice. Cover, shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Float a flower on top and serve immediately.
by : http://www.williams-sonoma.com